This week we’ve mostly just been practicing for the Christmas program next Wednesday. One day I decided to play a game to kill some time with the first graders. I showed a flash card with a picture of an animal, and the two teams would race to write the word on the board. We started with words like cat and pig, but by the end we were to a little bit trickier words like butterfly and elephant. Then I showed a picture of a black and white bird, obviously a penguin, and both teams rushed to the board and wrote, “Hapy Fit,” meaning the movie “Happy Feet.” I said, “This isn’t a Happy Feet! It’s a penguin.” No sign of recognition showed on their faces. “You haven’t heard of penguins?” None of the kids had any idea what those animals were called, but they recognized them from the movie!
That makes me sad. Happy Feet was a terrible movie.
ReplyDelete