Friday, December 31, 2010

the bird poop washing rains

Today I was wishing for some rain.  I thought I'd had enough rain during the monsoon, but having sunshine EVERY day does not feel like winter - even when it's really cold.  It needs to snow, or at least rain!  Precipitate something.

And boy do we really need the rain right now.  First I'll mention that everything is covered in dirt.  There are no green colored plants or trees, anywhere.  And secondly, it reeks outside.  Remember earlier in the year I mentioned how many birds there are here?  And how they have to cut down the trees because the birds sit in them and poop all the time?  And the poop piles up underneath the trees?  Yeah, well, I thought that was for looks.  But really, THAT much bird poop smells AWFUL!  And now that it's the dry season, you smell it.  You smell it BAD.

So I was praying, pleading with God, for some rain, and then I even mentioned it to my aunt before we went to vespers.

At vespers, the pastor said, "For our last song, since it looks like we're about to have a rainstorm, let's sing Showers of Blessing."  I was like, Plllleeeeeease. It is NOT about to rain.  I mean sure, there are some wispy clouds, but it's not about to rain.

When we walked out of vespers, it was indeed sprinkling.  I am now pleased to report that it is pouring rain outside.  Everyone thinks it is going to snow, which would be wonderful, but it's far too warm today.  Then again, I've been wrong before.....

And you know what else is funny?  There is this rat in the rafters above my head.  He's making an awful lot of noise up there.... I'm guessing he's rearranging furniture to deal with the leaky roof he hasn't had to cope with in a few months.

Happy New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment