Last night I asked the guard what he ended up doing with that cat I gave him. He said, "Oh, I threw it." I just busted up laughing, and he probably had no idea why that was so funny to me. "You threw it?!" (more laughing) "Where did you throw it?" He says, "Just down the hill."
Just outside the hospital is a steep hill with a steep, flat-stoned, slippery pathway that leads up to the hospital. (Side note: Before the airport in Lukla, all climbers headed for Everest trekked up this path and right by the hospital. Edmund Hillary was friends with the man who founded the hospital. Now everyone flies to Lukla and cuts a month off their climb.) The guard just chucked this cat right down this hillside.
I might actually feel a tiny bit bad for this cat. But only because some time has passed and I've forgotten how obnoxious it was.
Oh my goodness!!! That poor cat.
ReplyDelete