Sunday, August 29, 2010

head injuries

Today a lady came to the ER, she'd been cutting grass on a hillside and had fallen off an embankment or something.  She had a bad head injury, and it was decided she needed to be transported to Kathmandu.  Things are weird here though.  She didn't take an ambulance and no medical personnel helped transport her.  Instead, they chose a cheaper option.  Her friends and family, and whoever was standing by, helped take her off her hospital bed and loaded her into the back of a tall truck.  Whereupon they strung up her cloth mat with ropes to the ceiling since there is no padding on the floor and the road between here and KTM is a horrible pot-holed mud-mess.  And you can be sure the driver was not going to drive slowly.  I wish there was some way I could know how the lady ended up after all that.  Oh the things you see in third world countries.  And I still can't figure why no hospital personnel were helping take her from the ER into that truck.

Today I feel like I have a head injury, and I think the only remedy is to take 2 weeks off from work.  Oh, good, that's exactly what I'm going to do.  3 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment