On February 4, after 7 months and 4 days (the entirety of my stay), the Maoists finally gained the majority vote and Nepal HAS A GOVERNMENT. It only took 16 elections during the first 4 months, and then I don't know what else, because I stopped following it. I don’t know that anything will change, but at least they can say they have a prime minister now.
Today it was 68˚F ... IN MY HOUSE. A pleasant change from 48˚ not long ago.
I had lived in Nepal for 7 months, and in this apartment for over 4 months, before I noticed two things. One: I can lock my door from the inside! It has a latch, but I never noticed I could actually lock it with the key from the inside. Once when I was sick, I locked the door from the outside and climbed in through a window so no one would know I was home. Hah. Secondly, I just discovered I’ve been using the wrong adapter the whole time I’ve been here. WOW. My hair is still a little bit blonde I guess.
Oh, AND. This Sabbath I led song service, which included Nepali songs. The looks on people’s faces when I started leading the Nepali songs made me feel so proud of myself!
No comments:
Post a Comment