Friday, July 30, 2010

making history and drinking smoothies

Sunday was the busiest day in the history of the Physiotherapy Department.  (If you call it Physical Therapy, no one will know what you’re talking about.)  We saw 44 patients in OPD (outpatient).  This has never happened before.  What’s more is that Yvonne had to teach her anatomy class in the morning and then watch 4th year Nursing research defenses for part of the afternoon.  Bijuli took the day off, and he’s the one who usually works with the inpatients.  So any of the inpatients who could be transported, came to the OPD.  I think there were 7 of them, making a total of 51 patients in OPD.  After Yvonne finished seeing the last patients in OPD around 6:30 pm, she went and finished up in the Ortho Ward with the rest of the inpatients.  By the end of the day I was more than exhausted.  At one point I went and sat in the closet, hiding from the man who kept insisting his patient was most important.  
Around 8 pm, Izhar and I went over to Yvonne’s to work on the website for the Muscular Dystrophy center.  Yvonne made delicious pizza and the best banana mango smoothies I’ve ever had.  We didn’t get as much done on the website as we should’ve, but we did play Killer Uno with Sangram, Santosh, Sajjan, and Ganesh.  Ganesh and Sajjan would always get SO excited whenever they had UNO! that they’d slap down their card out of turn, and then we’d all know what their card was!  Santosh nicknamed Izhar “Octopus” for predicting the outcomes of most of the games.  (In reference to Germany’s octopus who predicted the winners of the World Cup games.)  It was such a fun evening, and the perfect way to forget about having dealt with over 50 patients in one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment