Due to the upcoming festival of Tihar, patients have obviously decided that getting ready for the festival is more important than coming to PT. Understandable I suppose. I have been getting a lot of reading done in the meantime. During the last festival I read No Shortcuts to the Top by Ed Viesturs, and now I am reading Stones into Schools by Greg Mortenson. Both excellent books.
And what doesn’t help the day go faster is the fact that my dad gets here on Friday! Man alive, this week is DRAGGING.
Fortunately we have found a few things to occupy our time. There is this funny-looking monkey who visits the hospital from time to time. Yesterday he seriously entertained the thought of walking into the ER, but after a glance inside, I guess he decided his needs weren't that serious. So he just walked straight into the main entrance of the hospital. Today he sat on the second story ledge just above the ER. I went to get my camera and he left.
We have this one lady who comes everyday and she always brings gifts. We’ve had guavas, jeri (deep fried sugar, essentially), sels (like a donut), pakoras, samosas, and candy. Today she brought boiled eggs. I am not a fan of eggs and neither is one of the other girls, so the others got twice as many. On the second round, later in the day, the eggs needed to be re-heated in the microwave. So after a 1 minute re-heat, they salted the boiled eggs with some clumpy, humidified salt. We were all sitting around this table when Januka began to split the egg in half. And then bam! The egg exploded right in her face and all over the table, floor, window, and me. Eggs really don’t smell great. But it was hilarious.
After work is always when the real fun begins though. Today we played Badminton. Despite the fact they have a lot of funky rules - like being able to whack the shuttlecock as many times as it takes to get it over - it is the one of the few games I am able to beat them at! And you’d think we were volleyballing with the way they spike - maybe that explains the lump on my forehead!
![]() |
| Team Roar! |
![]() |
| Victory Dance. |




looks like you're having fun my dear!
ReplyDelete